Can you disable the session cache?

Tony Park

Aug 19, 2023, 3:16:45 AM8/19/23
to objectify-appengine
Is it possible to disable the session cache? I am asking because I want to save memory in the App Engine instance. If many requests are being made then all those saved session caches could add up. The session cache is a great feature but since I don't utilize it, I would rather save the resources.

Anders Corlin

Nov 20, 2023, 1:29:24 PM11/20/23
to objectify-appengine
Would also love that!

When I'm running big jobs over all entities of a kind locally on my machine the cache gets full, so I have to partition my query and clear the cache every now and then.

Jeff Schnitzer

Nov 20, 2023, 2:06:38 PM11/20/23
to objectify...@googlegroups.com
This is a popular request, and something I'd love to implement someday. Unfortunately it's a high-effort job, especially with the current faux-async implementation of Objectify. To realistically solve this issue (and fix a couple other rare/obscure but annoying bugs), I first need to rewrite the Objectify internals to be more synchronous. It's just a lot to chew on.

Jeff