Stopping an audio file without stopping reverb

Zack Sulsky

Feb 17, 2015, 3:30:07 PM2/17/15
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am using ObjectAL's reverb effect in a music composition app that layers samples to play music. I've applied reverb on a channel that contains a different source for each audio file that is played. Right now, when an audio file is stopped using ALSoundSource's stop method, the sound file and its reverb stop abruptly at the same time. I want the file to stop playing, but for the reverb effect to continue its normal decay.

Is there a way to do this? Should I be stopping the file in a different way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zack