Application crashing in iOS7

fayslr

Mar 4, 2014, 12:44:13 AM3/4/14
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com, Asad Satti

    Hello Everyone,

      I have used ObjectAL in our project to play sound effects. It's performance is very good, but our application crashes frequently because of ObjectAL.

      I had implemented a simple class that plays sounds. The code is based on sample code in ObjectAL download (OALSimpleAudioSample.h/m).

      I had attached the screenshots. If anybody could help me, that would be great. I don't want to look for other solutions since ObjectAL's performance is excellent.

   Regards,
     Faisal Rahman
ScreenShot_1.png
ScreenShot_2.png

Mark Anderson

Mar 4, 2014, 9:52:02 AM3/4/14
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com, Asad Satti
Hi Faisal,

Is this something that always crashes when creating sources from certain types of audio formats? If so, have you stepped through all of the method calls up to the point that addSource: is called? In this case, the <ALSoundSource>source you are adding to the empty array 'sources' is nil, which is why you are getting the crash.

It may be an issue with the audio file you are using (i.e. when you are allocating an ALSoundSource from a file, maybe the file is not found or corrupted). Just at first glance, it doesn't seem that it is necessarily an issue with ObjectAL. Try to see if it crashes only when creating a source from a specific audio file. If you step through the ALSoundSource creation call methods, and you determine that the source is somehow getting deallocated or something before 'addSource:' is called, then it may be a bug with ObjectAL, but I doubt that is the case.

Let us know!
Mark

Mark Anderson