set seek position of track

Nick

Mar 17, 2014, 4:17:14 PM3/17/14
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to get some low latency audio playback and everything has pretty much pointed me here. However I am trying to figure out how to set a start postion other the the begining of certain files. I can see in the library I can do it with the OALAudioTrack but that uses the AVFoundation to do this and have a higher latency. Does anyone have any clues on how how to do this with the buffered tracks?

Thanks

Karl Stenerud

Mar 17, 2014, 4:23:20 PM3/17/14
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com
You can create your own ALSoundSource, assign a buffer to it, then set one of the offset properties before playing.
Be sure to reduce the number of reserved sources in OALSimpleAudio before creating your own sources, though.

Marc Castles

Jul 12, 2014, 6:22:15 AM7/12/14
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying to do the same thing but I've found that using a full song as a sound effect uses a lot of memory. Is this expected and is there anything I can do about it? Also, should I limit the length of song that can be opened to prevent running out of memory?