Vibrating with ObjectAL

Valerio Santinelli

Jan 16, 2014, 3:01:22 PM1/16/14
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to make the device vibrate? I checked the OALSimpleAudio playEffect function but it looks like there's no vibration parameter. Is there any way to tell OALSimpleAudio that instead of playing an audio file it should just vibrate? Or even better that the sound file should be used to make the device vibrate?

Thanks!

Valerio

Mark Anderson

Jan 16, 2014, 4:57:03 PM1/16/14
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only public function that Apple allows access to for device vibration is:

    AudioServicesPlaySystemSound (kSystemSoundID_Vibrate);

You will need to

#import <AudioToolbox/AudioToolbox.h>

This "system sound" is not in any way dependent on ObjectAL.

- Mark

Mark Anderson