Changing volume of left/right channel independently

Marc Castles

Jan 11, 2015, 5:32:46 AM1/11/15
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com
I want to change the gain of the left and right channels separately but I can't see any documentation for this. Is this possible?

Karl Stenerud

Jan 11, 2015, 1:32:06 PM1/11/15
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com
No, the OpenAL system doesn’t support this directly. You could fake it by separating the stereo stream into two mono streams and then playing both, one left pan and one right.

On Jan 11, 2015, at 2:32 AM, Marc Castles <ma...@launchinteractive.com.au> wrote:

I want to change the gain of the left and right channels separately but I can't see any documentation for this. Is this possible?

Marc Castles

Jan 11, 2015, 4:32:29 PM1/11/15
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, if I split the audio would I risk the streams going out of sync?

On Monday, January 12, 2015 at 5:32:06 AM UTC+11, Karl wrote:
No, the OpenAL system doesn’t support this directly. You could fake it by separating the stereo stream into two mono streams and then playing both, one left pan and one right.
On Jan 11, 2015, at 2:32 AM, Marc Castles <ma...@launchinteractive.com.au> wrote:

I want to change the gain of the left and right channels separately but I can't see any documentation for this. Is this possible?

Karl Stenerud

Jan 11, 2015, 6:58:13 PM1/11/15
to objectal-...@googlegroups.com
No, they should both play in sync.