mod has transparent shadow ,how to do

linjuming

Aug 30, 2012, 9:05:07 PM8/30/12
to object-or...@googlegroups.com

BBunny

Aug 31, 2012, 1:30:05 PM8/31/12
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Could you be more specific about what it is you're trying to do? Also, the link doesn't work because you included [/img] at the end. Here's the correct link for anyone else who wants it:

nicolechung

Aug 31, 2012, 1:35:51 PM8/31/12
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Personally, if it's just a rounded rectangle, I would try to use box-shadow (if it doesn't have to look identical in older browsers).

You can do a transparent 24-bit PNG (I think it's actually 32 bit, but Photoshop calls it 24 bit), but this can cause problems if you are using a css grid system.

For example, if the rectangle is the exact width of your grid cell, and the shadow goes **outside** of the grid, then you have to fudge your margins to make it fit.

Also, the page will load faster with box-shadow css than if you use a PNG background image.

If I am understanding you correctly.