did anyone use oocss for actual website?

linjuming

May 6, 2010, 10:20:24 PM5/6/10
to Object Oriented CSS
I am seeking websites using oocss, can you great guys print out your
sites who is using the framework? I want to see how it is working with
actual websites.

Thank You very much!

Murray Nuttall

May 6, 2010, 10:57:22 PM5/6/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
http://nzcurriculum.tki.org.nz/

This one uses oocss... plus a bit of old css where they weren't able to change the markup.

Nicole Sullivan

May 7, 2010, 12:05:17 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking that we need to make oocss.org less sucky. I'd love to include screenshots and links to  sites using the framework. Reply with your sites!

Cheers,
Nicole

--
Nicole Sullivan

Smush it  http://smush.it
Book  Even Faster Websites with O'Reilly

Stefen Cook

May 7, 2010, 12:38:26 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Does anyone else get a warning message when visiting the oocss.org website? I've tried Firefox and Safari and both report warning messages.

Cheers

Stefen
oocss.png
oocss-safari.png

erik.f...@googlemail.com

May 7, 2010, 2:52:21 AM5/7/10
to Object Oriented CSS
Hi all,

we've been using the framework on quite a few sites (these are all
German websites):

http://www.landsknecht.de/
A luxury hotel in Germany

http://www.chilloutduesseldorf.de/
A screne-bar. This one can also be viewed in English if you must ;)

http://www.balance-massagestudio.de/
A place where you can get massages.

http://www.aijko.de/
Our own company website.

We are currently developing a whole magento theme based on OOCSS (and
SASS for that matter) for one of the first Magento Enterprise Shops in
Germany. As soon as it launches I will remember to submit a link so
you can check it out. We are mostly using the standard module format
(because it just rocks) and the grids from the framework, but we
implement the OOCSS principles as a whole.

If you have any questions I would gladly answer them, some of these
pages were build when we were learning the concepts of OOCSS,
obviously not every principle was clear to us when we were
restructuring our CSS workflow ;)

Cheers,
Erik

On May 7, 6:05 am, Nicole Sullivan <nic...@stubbornella.org> wrote:
> I was thinking that we need to make oocss.org less sucky. I'd love to
> include screenshots and links to  sites using the framework. Reply
> with your sites!
>
> Cheers,
> Nicole
>
> On May 6, 2010, at 7:57 PM, Murray Nuttall wrote:
>

> >http://nzcurriculum.tki.org.nz/
>
> > This one uses oocss... plus a bit of old css where they weren't able
> > to change the markup.
>
> > On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 2:20 PM, linjuming <linjum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am seeking websites using oocss, can you great guys print out your
> > sites who is using the framework? I want to see how it is working with
> > actual websites.
>
> > Thank You very much!
>
> > --
> > .
>
> > --
> > .
>
> --
> Nicole Sullivan
>
> Object Oriented CSS  http://wiki.github.com/stubbornella/oocss
> Smush it  http://smush.it
> Website  http://stubbornella.org
> Tweet!  http://twitter.com/stubbornella
> Book  Even Faster Websites with O'Reilly

Stig Nicolaisen

May 7, 2010, 3:41:43 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
http://www.helfo.no/

Uses OOCSS with SharePoint 2007.

Rgds
StigN

Nicole Sullivan

May 7, 2010, 4:11:32 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Oh shoot, I've been having trouble with my hosting provider lately. All kinds of funky stuff in the WP installs. I thought OOCSS would be immune since it is static.

I believe I've done the necessary to remove the malicious script tags, update passwords, and request a security review from goog. If anyone wants to suggest further steps, please do.

<oocss.png><oocss-safari.png>

--
Nicole Sullivan

Smush it  http://smush.it
Book  Even Faster Websites with O'Reilly

Nicole Sullivan

May 7, 2010, 4:18:11 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
You are doing so many different sites / styles. This is great.

Thanks!
Nicole

Carsten Kraus

May 7, 2010, 4:26:55 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com

Don't look at it using IE6, though ; )
Some bugs went in there lately, didnt come to fix them, yet.

Nicole Sullivan

May 7, 2010, 4:26:59 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Thanks StigN. You created the 6th grids for the site?

Only 24kb of CSS, impressive.

Cheers,
Nicole

--
Nicole Sullivan

Smush it  http://smush.it
Book  Even Faster Websites with O'Reilly

Martin Klepsch

May 7, 2010, 7:17:11 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
@OOCSS.org less sucky:
  • mv to github pages
  • provide better documentation
  • getting started tutorials
  • tools that can be used (SASS i.e.)

@OOCSS-Sites:
  • There are people using oocss for regular art direction but actually I cant remember the url :-(
    @Nicole, please search your Yahoo! Messenger log for urls, I'm sure it's in there (I lost my log after wiping my system)
  • I'll ask Veit Lehmann, who works at Sinnerschrader if he could give me some links to recent projects where oocss was used…
regards,
martin

Mike Branski

May 7, 2010, 8:44:09 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
If you don't get anywhere with requesting a review through Google, you might want to submit a request through stopbadware.org directly. I had to do this for one of my sites and they were pretty quick about it.

2. Enter oocss.org in the search box and hit search
3. Click the oocss.org search result
4. Click "Request an independent review of partners' findings"
5. Fill out and submit the form.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike Branski

May 7, 2010, 8:45:31 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Better docs and some getting started (and eventually advanced uses) tutorials would be my top two suggestions.

Ragnar

May 7, 2010, 9:06:47 AM5/7/10
to Object Oriented CSS
Largest Christian newspaper in Norway:

http://vl.no/

We have learned lot's about OOCSS since we wrote much of the code on
that site. We are currently working
on standarizing most of the objects in our content management system.

But we have already have much use of the princible. We started with
the framework, though we have modified
it.

On May 7, 2:45 pm, Mike Branski <mikebran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Better docs and some getting started (and eventually advanced uses)
> tutorials would be my top two suggestions.
>
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Martin Klepsch <martinklep...@googlemail.com
>

> > wrote:
> > @OOCSS.org less sucky:
>
> >    - mv to github pages
> >    - provide better documentation
> >    - getting started tutorials
> >    - tools that can be used (SASS i.e.)
>
> > @OOCSS-Sites:
>
> >    - There are people using oocss for regular art direction but actually I
> >    cant remember the url :-(
> >    @Nicole, please search your Yahoo! Messenger log for urls, I'm sure
> >    it's in there (I lost my log after wiping my system)
> >    - I'll ask Veit Lehmann, who works at Sinnerschrader if he could give
> >    me some links to recent projects where oocss was used…
>
> > regards,
> > martin
>
> > 2010/5/7 Nicole Sullivan <nic...@stubbornella.org>
>
> > Thanks StigN. You created the 6th grids for the site?
>
> >> Only 24kb of CSS, impressive.
>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Nicole
>
> >> On May 7, 2010, at 12:41 AM, Stig Nicolaisen wrote:
>
> >>http://www.helfo.no/
>
> >> Uses OOCSS with SharePoint 2007.
>
> >> Rgds
> >> StigN

> >> --
>
> >>   --
> >> Nicole Sullivan
>
> >> *Object Oriented CSS*  http://wiki.github.com/stubbornella/oocss
> >> *Smush it*  http://smush.it
> >> *Website*  http://stubbornella.org
> >> *Tweet!*  http://twitter.com/stubbornella
> >> *Book*  Even Faster Websites with O'Reilly
>
> >>  --
>
> >  --
>
> --
> Mike Branski
> 414.810.6453http://mikebranski.com/

Brian Moon

May 7, 2010, 10:14:21 AM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com, linjuming

Nicole Sullivan

May 7, 2010, 5:42:28 PM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Only 11kb of css! wow.

:)

Nicole Sullivan

May 7, 2010, 5:55:21 PM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
(I thought this discussion deserved its own thread)

I would love to do more tutorials.

What holds me back is the lack of realistic designs to work from. If you have PSDs for sites that could be used as examples in tutorials, please send them my way. It could be designs that never got used or chosen by the client, really, anything will do as long as I have permission to use it and it looks like a realistic website.

Cheers,
Nicole

Nathan Anderson

May 7, 2010, 6:00:55 PM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
I've been a lurker here for many months, and a tutorial for some of these concepts would be wonderful.  I've used oocss for a couple projects, but I'm *so* positive I used it wrong, I refuse to link to them.  :(

I routinely get hung up on extending and mods.  Tutorials that cover those would be of great interest to me.  Please.  ;)

Nathan

Nicole Sullivan

May 7, 2010, 6:01:41 PM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Replies inline.

On May 7, 2010, at 4:17 AM, Martin Klepsch wrote:

@OOCSS.org less sucky:
  • mv to github pages
Last I checked on this, it was per user rather than per project, so it would move all of my projects to github pages. I have a couple private projects, so this didn't sound good. :)

Perhaps it has evolved.
  • provide better documentation
  • getting started tutorials
  • tools that can be used (SASS i.e.)

@OOCSS-Sites:
  • There are people using oocss for regular art direction but actually I cant remember the url :-(
    @Nicole, please search your Yahoo! Messenger log for urls, I'm sure it's in there (I lost my log after wiping my system)

This is the only link I found... I'm not sure I'm looking in the right account. Lets take this discussion to private email so we don't post your account info to a public mailing list. :)

Chris Eppstein

May 7, 2010, 6:11:45 PM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
After enabling it for the projects you want, you can use github pages for any repo by going to http://stubbornella.github.com/repo_name

Each project can have it's own gh_pages branch where the static content is kept.

For instance:

There is also a special "root" project that is named "<yourname>.github.com" that you can create:

Nicole Sullivan

May 7, 2010, 6:24:46 PM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you want to tell us what modifications you made in a different thread. It is possible we would pull some of that back into the framework.

Book  Even Faster Websites with O'Reilly

Ragnar

May 7, 2010, 6:37:23 PM5/7/10
to Object Oriented CSS
Actually believe I did some time ago.

I'm working with it from sort of a different angle though. Most of the
examples of sites here
are for single, totally separated projects, while I have been working
with making OOCSS work for
the CMS my company have created.

Since each site may be completely different from the last one, I've
been trying to figure
out how it should work when much of the code is already written in the
CMS. That means that most of
the time I don't have the ability to change the class on an object
like one has in standalone projects.

I've met some difficulty deciding on which classes to use on elements,
and which classes can be
created dynamically.

What OOCSS have helped us with, is not so much aiding developers write
new interfaces without spending
time with CSS as much as it has helped us standarize markup, making it
easier to write the css for new sites.

I might write a longer post on this later, as I get more experience
with the framework.
> >> Mike Branski
> >> 414.810.6453http://mikebranski.com/
>
> >> --
> >> .
>
> > --
> > .
>
> --
> Nicole Sullivan
>
> Object Oriented CSS  http://wiki.github.com/stubbornella/oocss
> Smush it  http://smush.it
> Website  http://stubbornella.org
> Tweet!  http://twitter.com/stubbornella
> Book  Even Faster Websites with O'Reilly

Catharine Hendricks

May 7, 2010, 6:49:23 PM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
I'm new to this group and have been immersing myself in the documents
at Github & stubbornella. I'm responsible but the one that is growing
out of control to the point where I REALLY need OOCSS is
http://www.nancypickard.com.

I was overwhelmed and worried about making the change but, I think It
might best be done one page at a time? It occurred to me that I could
pick a couple of representative pages and convert their CSS to OOCSS.
And if I pick correctly, converting the rest of the pages could be
pretty smooth.

It's so thrilling to find this group just when I need you!

Catharine Hendricks (katiebird)
Eat 4 Today -
http://www.eat4today.com

Nicole Sullivan

May 7, 2010, 8:29:03 PM5/7/10
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
funny, I was just looking at dealnews.com for info on monitors. :)
--
Nicole Sullivan

Smush it  http://smush.it
Book  Even Faster Websites with O'Reilly

MarcRic

May 7, 2010, 11:02:22 PM5/7/10
to Object Oriented CSS