Layout template [sidebars\columns]

Peter Flannery

Jul 14, 2013, 5:37:40 PM7/14/13
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Hi

For sidebars should we continue using the same approach as the older oocss library.
Because I noticed that the newer _template.scss doesn't contain any sidebars

the older oocss example:

/* ====== Columns ====== */
.leftCol{float:left;width:250px;_margin-right:-3px;}
.rightCol{float:right;width:300px;_margin-left:-3px;}
/* extend columns to allow for common column widths */
.gMail{width:160px;}
.gCal{width:180px;}
.yahoo{width:240px;}
.myYahoo{width:300px;}

Appreciate anyone's input. thanks

Abd Al-Ala Camara

Jul 16, 2013, 9:01:19 AM7/16/13
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

If I am right, I think it should be the same. If you don't need a sidebar on a project don't include it else include it if you need.

the way i use to implement this is like so:
HTML

sample three col content

<!--
if you don't need a column remove it- it does not affect the presentation
      -->

sample twocol content

<!--
if you don't need a column remove it- it does not affect the presentation
      -->

sample onecol content

CSS
                 .content { overflow: hidden;  }
.leftcol, .rightcol { float:left;  }
.leftcol { width:250px; _margin-right:-3px; }
.rightcol { width:300px; _margin-left:-3px; }
.main {}

.gMail {width:160px;}
.gCal {width:180px;}
.yahoo {width:240px;}
.myYahoo {width:300px;}

i hope that helps otherwise let me know - and for others let me know if am wrong pls

Cheers

Address:
P.O.Box 2397 Serrekunda,
The Gambia.