Re: Digest for object-oriented-css@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic

Frances Cherman

May 11, 2014, 4:02:00 PM5/11/14
to object-or...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a bunch!

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 6:49 AM, <object-or...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/object-oriented-css/topics

    BBunny <fche...@gmail.com> May 10 08:24AM -0700

    Thank you!!

    On Thursday, May 8, 2014 11:17:35 PM UTC-7, Matthew Browne wrote:

    BBunny <fche...@gmail.com> May 10 09:00AM -0700

    Forgive my inexperience, but what is all this stuff in the CSS file?

    @media
    -sass-debug-info{filename{font-family:file\:\/\/\/www\/htdocs\/oocss\/oocss\/src\/components\/utils\/_clearfix-me\.scss}line{font-family:\0000319}}

    On Thursday, May 8, 2014 11:17:35 PM UTC-7, Matthew Browne wrote:

    BBunny <fche...@gmail.com> May 10 10:30AM -0700

    On Thursday, May 8, 2014 11:17:35 PM UTC-7, Matthew Browne wrote:

    Matthew Browne <mbro...@gmail.com> May 10 08:06PM -0400

    On 5/10/14 12:00 PM, BBunny wrote:
    > Forgive my inexperience, but what is all this stuff in the CSS file?

    > @media
    > -sass-debug-info{filename{font-family:file\:\/\/\/www\/htdocs\/oocss\/oocss\/src\/components\/utils\/_clearfix-me\.scss}line{font-family:\0000319}}
    That's debugging info that was generated by the SASS compiler...it's
    safe to ignore it, but I was able to generate a version without the
    debugging info:

    https://github.com/mbrowne/oocss/blob/gh-pages/css/screen.css

    (FYI, in oocss/tools/config/config.rb, there's a line "sass_options =
    {:debug_info => true}" - I just commented that out to generate the CSS
    without the debugging info.)
    > here
    > <https://github.com/mbrowne/oocss/blob/master/oocss/src/components/form/checkboxRadio/_checkboxRadio.scss>.)

    > How would I get a compiled version of this?
    The above file also includes my improvements to the checkbox and radio
    classes.

    I also updated the documentation to explain the .hangingIndent class:
    http://mbrowne.github.io/oocss/#form

    While I was rebuilding the project I was reminded of a flaw in the build
    instructions in the readme file: it seems that running the start command
    does not automatically build the project as the instructions suggest.
    After starting Vagrant, it's necessary to run "make bw" in order to
    build the files (at least it was for me). I updated the readme file in
    my fork of the repository to reflect this:
    https://github.com/mbrowne/oocss/tree/master/oocss

    Enjoy the new OOCSS and let me know what you think of the new classes
    for forms...overall I think they're great but I have some other thoughts
    that I'd like to discuss at some point.