re: emergent behavior

Raoul Duke

Dec 12, 2023, 3:09:04 AM12/12/23
to object-co...@googlegroups.com
frankly i think that's what we have everywhere.

i mean otherwise we'd never be writing bugs.

usually a bug is because the thing is doing what we told it, rather
than what we thought in our heads. what our mental model was. either
of code we created, or of some other code we are trying to learn.

but any which way, why are we surprised that the thing behaves
differently than we expected, as the programmers involved? because in
fact we aren't in control. even when it seems like we know what it
is/should be doing, and how, etc., that is empirically a lie since we
have bugs in parts that we thought we understood.