OACS and Redshift

Jit Dutta

Aug 21, 2017, 4:07:35 AM8/21/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Any one knows if we can have OACS OBIEE reporting with EDW hosted in Amazon Redshift?

Thanks!

Stewart Bryson

Aug 21, 2017, 4:43:14 AM8/21/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I've made this work.

Sent from my iPhone

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Jit Dutta

Aug 22, 2017, 4:29:45 AM8/22/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com

What are the steps?

Thanks!

Aug 22, 2017, 7:57:50 AM8/22/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
You'll have to enable ports in the compute config for OAC. You'll also have to either use the drivers shipped with DataDirect, or install the newer drivers provided by Amazon (preferred). In the latter case, the odbcinst.ini side of the setup is not required, as the Redshift driver already exposes its own config file, and loads classpath that way.

I recommend using Redshift drivers, as DataDirect just uses Postgres drivers, and these are now spotty in supporting Redshift.

Use the odbc.ini file in the bienv config location.

Sent from my iPhone

Jit Dutta

Aug 23, 2017, 1:40:15 AM8/23/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com