Using Evaluate Lag analytic function in obiee reporting

Amz

Mar 10, 2017, 4:00:53 AM3/10/17
to OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group
I am trying to do a report in obiee 11g with columns- year, sales, and sales_previous year. I want to get the sales of previous year using Lag function mentioned in the examples below:

https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2010/10/oracle-bi-ee-11g-calling-database-analytic-functions-evaluate/

http://gerardnico.com/weblog/2009/04/17/obiee-period-to-period-comparison-with-the-analytical-function-laglead/

I tried both ways and still get the error: Cannot function ship the following expression: Evaluate( LAG(%1,1,0) OVER (order BY %2),D2.c1, D2.c2) .Please have your System Administrator look at the log for more details on this error. (HY000)

Ive set the Aggregation rule to Sum as well.

Am I missing anything else?

Adrian Ward

Mar 13, 2017, 3:43:29 PM3/13/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
have you allowed the use of evaluate in the config?

Adrian

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).  Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Joel Acha

Mar 16, 2017, 6:09:34 AM3/16/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amz

Have you got the EVALUATE configured in your NQSconfig.ini file?

There is a EVALUATE_SUPPORT_LEVEL setting which is set to 0 (not supported) by default. This can be changed to either a value of 1 or 2. 1 being for users with the Manage Repository permission and 2 being for any user.

Regards
Joel

Sent from my iPhone