Sumarry to Detail Navigationn

Amith

Jun 19, 2017, 9:53:45 AM6/19/17
to OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group
Hi ,

I'm facing below issue in my project ,

I’ve a summary report with 3 metrics which have different filters

1)      Total Sales

2)      Total Sales Filtered by Region=APAC

3)      Total Sales Filtered by Order_category=Web

There are filters applied like Year is prompted , Product Category is prompted

Summary Report Lay out

Prompt

Total Sales

APAC Sales

Web Slaes

Year

90

36

24

Product Category

When a year or category is applied the Summary report gets filtered accordingly

Prompt

Total Sales

APAC Sales

Web Sales

Year

 2016

50

18

12

Product Category

 ABX

I’ve a detail report,

When I click on ‘Total Sales’ in the summary I will navigate to the detail report which has details of the products as I’ve set the navigation to drill to this report

Detail Report Layout

Year

Product_ID

Product_Name

Some other attributes

Product Category

123

abc

Region

345

tyu

Order_Category

567

ghu

.

.

.

.

.

.

The count of detail matches with the Summarized reports Total Sales.

2) When I click on APAC Sales metric the Filter of Region =’APAC’ is not passing to the detail report & I still get the total count when I Navigate to detail report.

To overcome this I’ve  used a go url in the Interaction

http://domain_name/analytics/saw.dll?Dashboard&PortalPath=@{Path}&page=@{Page}&Action=@{Action}&P0=@{P0}&P1=@{P1}&P2=@{P2}&P3=@{P3}

I’ve defined parameters as below ,

Path – report Path

Action – Navigate

P0 – 1

P1 – eq

P2 – “Supplier Sales”.” Region”

P3—APAC

This works fine to filter the region, but the product category column in Summary Report is not getting applied to the Detail report even after the prompt scope is set to dashboard level ,as we once click on metric & it is URL it creates a new session and the filters of the summary are not carried forward to detail .

 I tried passing presentation variable to GO URL by adding few more parameters as P4,p5,p6 but it was not working .

Any help in this regard ??