Same report... different Logical SQL

JohnAustin

Jun 23, 2017, 6:41:06 PM6/23/17
to OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group
This is a one that has me baffled.
I have a report on a dashboard page. It's not giving the correct logical SQL to the BI Server for a user. It's wrong in that a couple of columns are missing from the Logical SQL's SELECT list.

However, I have a duplicate copy of the report on a different dashboard page, and it works. I've done a comparison of the XML of the two reports and they are absolutely an identical copy of each other.

It is the same user that is running both reports.

If I run the reports they both produce the same results.

I'd suspect some sort of permissions issue, but, where? If it was in the RPD it would affect both reports, and in fact the query is wrong before it even gets sent to BI Server...

It's not a caching issue that I can think of:
- tried the user in a fresh browser and still got the same issue
- BI server cache is not switched on
- Presentation server has been bounced many times over the course of the investigation.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
John

Stewart Bryson

Jun 23, 2017, 7:01:32 PM6/23/17
to <obiee-enterprise-methodology@googlegroups.com>
Have you verified that the prompting is the same on both dashboard pages? Are there any dashboard filters on the two different dashboards?

Stewart
> --
> --
>
> All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Girish

Jun 24, 2017, 1:48:39 AM6/24/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
I'd say the easiest way to find what's different between the 2 is to compare the 2 respective report catalog object XMLs by opening the catalog manager and taking it from there. The XML in the Advanced tab is not a full representation of the object.

Rgds
Regards,
Girish Lakshmanan

Richard Chan

Jun 28, 2017, 5:56:29 AM6/28/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

In terms of duplicate, do you mean that you duplicated the other report copy/paste or recreated manually  ?

Richard

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).  Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Regards

Richard

Twitter: richardchan66