OOW2016 - OBIEE and Analytic Views in Oracle Db 12.2

mhathi

Oct 10, 2016, 9:38:15 AM10/10/16
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Now that Oracle Open World 2016 is in the history books, I wanted to throw out this question to those who were fortunate enough to attend about one feature of the Oracle Database 12.2 that caught my attention while browsing through the various sessions.

I am referring to the Analytic Views in Oracle Db 12.2. As I was flipping through the slides I was thinking, wow "they" just merged the Oracle BI Server capabilities into the database.

While that may be an exaggerated conclusion on my part, I was wondering what was the "chatter" among the Oracle BI Aces around this topic?

Thanks,

Manish

Adrian Ward

Feb 25, 2017, 5:32:27 AM2/25/17
to OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group
Not a lot of chatter I see!

You still need OBIEE, dont go thinking you can expose all that lovely data without it!

The challenge is still to make the functions context relevant, RANK() OVER PARTITION BY xx ORDER BY xxx is great but still need to make the result match the query level.