Issue with federation of Hana and Oracle DB

Jean-Pierre Hoedenaeken

Jun 8, 2017, 2:01:52 PM6/8/17
to OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group
I'am facing an issue when federating data (budget and actuals) from an Oracle database and a Sap Hana database.

Does anyone have experienced issues with federating Hana database and other databases ?

Thx.

Christian Berg

Jun 8, 2017, 2:02:48 PM6/8/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Federation is nothing but an in-memory stitch join between two data sets. What is your precise issue?

Stewart Bryson

Jun 8, 2017, 2:24:14 PM6/8/17
to <obiee-enterprise-methodology@googlegroups.com>
How are you federating? Two logical data sources in the same logical table? Did you set the federation content correctly?

Give us a few more deets and I’m sure we can help.

Stewart

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Jean-Pierre Hoedenaeken

Jun 9, 2017, 5:03:43 AM6/9/17
to OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group
Stewart,

Here are the details of the issue and the BMM.

Thx.
SBR_Issue_with_Dim_Employee.pdf

Christian Berg

Jean-Pierre Hoedenaeken

Jun 12, 2017, 12:57:30 AM6/12/17
to OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group
But how can we explain that the resultes are correct when I put a filter on an employee number ?

Does the clause "Fetch First .... Rows Only" in the logical SQL play a role in the game ?

Thx.

Christian Berg