P&L Report Design Issue

Ali Mostafa

May 23, 2017, 8:23:17 AM5/23/17
to OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group
Hi Everyone,

I need to create a calculated filed for  example Commercial Margin = Sales + Retail Discount + Other Income , I have tried to use Selection Steps option analysis . The issue of step option that , I can't sort calculated filed .

Group Account Dim

Report Structure

Have anyone has any idea?

Regards,
Ali

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3

Murali Abburu

May 24, 2017, 6:08:13 AM5/24/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Ali,
On the table analysis properties select "outside the hierarchy"  for placement of members.
Then select the members in the order you want. Then ,
You can embed the calculated member in whatever order you want
Reg
Kris

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2017, at 3:05 AM, Ali Mostafa <a.most...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I need to create a calculated filed for  example Commercial Margin = Sales + Retail Discount + Other Income , I have tried to use Selection Steps option analysis . The issue of step option that , I can't sort calculated filed .
<Auto Generated Inline Image 1>

Group Account Dim
<Auto Generated Inline Image 2>

Report Structure
<Auto Generated Inline Image 3>

Have anyone has any idea?

Regards,
Ali

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.
<Auto Generated Inline Image 1>
<Auto Generated Inline Image 2>
<Auto Generated Inline Image 3>

Ali Mostafa

Jun 6, 2017, 2:40:36 AM6/6/17
to OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group
Dear Kris,

Many thanks ,  it's working  great !!.

Do you have any idea how can make drill-down for "Selection Steps" calculated filed ?

Regards,
Ali Mostafa

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology?hl=en

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Murali Abburu

Jun 6, 2017, 2:20:05 PM6/6/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Ali
You should use conditional formatting on the metric to make it to work..
Thanks
Kris

Sent from my iPhone

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology?hl=en

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Ali Mostafa

Jun 8, 2017, 2:01:52 PM6/8/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kris ,

I have used conditional formatting as below screenshot , but still shows an error . Could you please guide me?

Inline images 1

Filter Error
Inline images 3

[...]

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.