OBIEE dead?

Nag kandala

Mar 31, 2017, 8:55:13 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
guys,
I dont wanna sound like negative here but seems like jobs wise OBIEE isnt offering anything remotely close to other technologies

whats going on

what would be latest career path i can choose to go

i dont wanna hijack this group or anything but simple honest question

please advise

Christian Berg

Mar 31, 2017, 9:34:06 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Advise? Jump ship. Now.

OBIEE is dead. Totally. So sad.

OBIEE is as dead as relational databases as they weren't offering anything remotely close to multidimensional cubes which completely replaced them.

No wait that was the rubbish spewed in the late 90s.

OBIEE is as dead as relational databases as they weren't offering anything remotely close to NoSQLs databases which completely replaced them.

No wait that was the rubbish spewed in the early 2000s.

OBIEE is as dead as relational databases as they weren't offering anything remotely close to Hadoop file systems which completely replaced them.

No wait that was the rubbish spewed in the late 2000s.

Basically: differentiation beats hyperbole. Thinking beats reading C-level abstraction articles which try to condense whole techstacks into 2 bullet points.

Or to turn it around: Why isn't everybody including you 100% on solar energy for power, heating, charging the car as well as living in perfectly insulated, self-sustaining housing with a zero carbon footprint? Non-renewable energies are dead as they offer anything remotely close to renewable energies.

The over-simplification group is that way --->

</rant>

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Nag kandala

Mar 31, 2017, 9:39:13 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
👍 you can be a OBIEE poet 😁 chris

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology?hl=en

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Richard Chan

Mar 31, 2017, 10:07:11 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
The market in Australia is still very boyant, I haven't been out of work since I've been here, are you keeping up to date with the available product sets ?

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Regards

Richard

Twitter: richardchan66

Amin Adatia

Mar 31, 2017, 10:07:11 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com

Nothing beats thinking even at the stratospheric C-Level

Regards
Amin Adatia
KnowTech Solutions Inc ( http://knowtech.ca )
Mobile +1-613-864-8378

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Chris Perkins

Mar 31, 2017, 10:07:11 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Simple supply and demand.

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.
PastedGraphic-1.pdf

Christian Berg

Mar 31, 2017, 10:09:07 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
You're missing a conditional in that sentence.

"Nothing *would* beat..." ;)

But you put "stratospheric" which is also cool as it implies oxygen deprevation and we all know what that entails.

On 31 Mar 2017 4:07 pm, "Amin Adatia" <amin....@outlook.com> wrote:

Nothing beats thinking even at the stratospheric C-Level

Regards
Amin Adatia
KnowTech Solutions Inc ( http://knowtech.ca )
Mobile +1-613-864-8378

Nag kandala

Mar 31, 2017, 10:20:30 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Richard ,
Its not that i am out of project or something
its a simple observation that i am sensing that world is moving very fast with technologies like AWS /Bigdata /NoSQL
i dont wanna feel like one day i wakeup and realize that i belong to dinosaur era

OBIEE of course does well integrating with all of these new technologies so its kind of comes to luck how well the clients use it and the project we are working
i just wanted to have some vision into future that if this can sustain well

On 31 March 2017 at 23:54, Nag kandala <nagka...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Girish

Mar 31, 2017, 10:42:30 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
OBIEE isn't (never was) a career sort of a product. It's a tiny clever tool that Oracle managed to add a few EEs to the name to make it seem Enterprisey.

In terms of jobs, I hear the same sad story across the board for all traditional on-premise oracle products. There are hardly any new onpremise big spend projects -  It simply isn't cool anymore to implement an on-premise ERP or CRM with or without a DW and a query tool on top of it

My advise would be to just keep learning everyday. New tools and buzzwords come and go but our job as IT professionals is to deliver the best solutions to our clients' business problems with the best tools that are at our disposal.

Rgds

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 at 15:20, Nag kandala <nagka...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Regards,
Girish Lakshmanan

Nag kandala

Mar 31, 2017, 10:47:41 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
girish,
agreed but heres the tricky part
if you are a fulltimer then you just learn whatever gets thrown at you
but for me being a consultant its getting tough as every new project search needs me to learn all those crazy buzzwords (practically too)
and then its a exponential learning within a small time period

[...]

paresh bhangale

Mar 31, 2017, 11:38:23 AM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Oracle sales reps directed to stop selling on premise software & sell only cloud ones. so how we are expecting OBIEE will shoot up?
Last year as per careerjet.com there were 6500 jobs for obiee worldwide & now its 3378. Almost half gone in a year. There is not much in Cloud BI except raising support tickets to Oracle for bug fixes :) dont mind pls.

We are not out of work but considering high cloud adoption, Situation does not looks good for OBIEE future.

Want to know your opinion guys

Mel Dulla

mhathi

Mar 31, 2017, 12:13:23 PM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Relevance of an OBIEE professional is directly proportional to Oracle's Sales strategy for Oracle BI. As someone said before demand-supply.

Assuming they are selling "cloud" only BI, there will still be opportunity to carve out a career delivering projects in the cloud.

Companies trying to "do cloud" (will) realize quickly, that just because the product is running on someone else's data center, doesn't mean the end-product magically appears.

Someone has to manage that project, architect a solution, implement the solution, develop analyses and dashboards etc.

That someone can be you.

The major challenge that the path to Cloud presents is how to learn the new versions of product since unlike their on-premise cousins we won't have full access to kick the tires. Currently Oracle only provides 1 month free trials, with a full time job, I am not sure how much one can accomplish in that 1 month trial learning period. I am sure Oracle realizes that for mind-share of developers/influencers developers will need to get their hands on the product,

But learn.... we must.

My 2c.

Manish

Nag kandala

Mar 31, 2017, 12:14:55 PM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
Concepts too change
The way we handle data is different like in big data

The  way we look at it would be different

The nature of the data itself is going to change

RDBMS  R.I.P

Guess so

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology?hl=en

All content to the OBIEE EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the OBIEE EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/obiee-enterprise-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

paresh bhangale

Mar 31, 2017, 1:35:22 PM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
which tech looks to have future ahead from OBIEE now?

Regards

Mel Dulla

Amin Adatia

Nag kandala

Mar 31, 2017, 1:47:08 PM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
What exactly is thinking
If so who's paying for thinking
 sitting under a tree

On Mar 31, 2017, at 12:53 PM, Amin Adatia <amin....@outlook.com> wrote:

But I am sure thinking will beat anything <OutlookEmoji-😊.png>

Matthieu Lombard

Mar 31, 2017, 2:23:23 PM3/31/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
salesforce

Adrian Ward

Apr 3, 2017, 6:23:28 PM4/3/17
to obiee-enterpri...@googlegroups.com
There are over 200 jobs on Indeed right now.  Not looking that dead to me.

If you have the skills, you can actually build something that will show why OBIEE is not going to die anytime soon.

"oh look shiney new toy, oh look shinier new toy" - Dont be a Magpie

Be the coolest OBIEE guy in town

Diego Bocaz

Apr 4, 2017, 8:36:01 AM4/4/17
to OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group