Problem using resources functionality

Alberto Blázquez

Oct 18, 2021, 7:35:57 AM10/18/21
to obiba-users
Hello all,

First of all, thank you for holding this group to solve arising issues.
We are working at Politechnical University of Madrid to try and deploy a federated system using resources.
To do so, we have done the following:
  • Create a Project.
  • Create a Personal Access Token (PAT).
  • Update our CSV raw data file to the filesystem's project folder.
  • Create a resource within the project.
    • Opal.
    • Tidy data file - Opal.
    • URL to our Opal.
    • Path to the file ("/projects/<project name>/<filename>.zip).
  • Set the PAT create beforehand in the "Credentials" textbox of the resource.
After all this procedure, we asume that we should be able to connect to the resource from DataShield, but we obtain the following trace:

> connections <- DSI::datashield.login(logins = logindata, assign = TRUE, symbol = myDFName)
Logging into the collaborating servers
  Logged in all servers [================================================================] 100% / 1s
Assigning resource data...
  Assigned all resources [===============================================================] 100% / 0s
> datashield.assign.expr(connections, symbol = "dat", expr = quote(as.resource.data.frame(D)))
  Assigned expr. (dat <- as.resource.data.frame(D)) [====================================] 100% / 1s

Seems like everything is ok. However, when trying to execute any operation, it seems like something is wrong. As if no data is being accessed:

> ds.dim("dat", connections, type="both", checks=F)
  Aggregated (dimDS("dat")) [============================================================] 100% / 0s
$`dimensions of dat in study0`
[1] 0 0

$`dimensions of dat in combined studies`
[1] 0 0

This same set-up has been performed on https://opal-demo.obiba.org, using a test project with great success. Has anyone faced a similar issue?

Thank you in advance,
Alberto Blázquez Herranz.

Yannick Marcon

Oct 18, 2021, 8:54:37 AM10/18/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could you try locally? Like this:

library(opalr)
o <- opal.login(username="administrator", password="password", url = "https://opal-demo.obiba.org")

library(resourcer)
client <- newResourceClient(opal.resource_get(o, "RSRC","CNSIM3"))
as.resource.data.frame(client)

opal.logout(o)

If that works locally that means your resource is correctly defined, then check in the R server's log what is wrong (Administration > R > R servers > Download)

Regards
Yannick