Issue with installing DataSHIELD packages on the server-side

Sofia Siampani

Sep 20, 2023, 5:01:51 AM9/20/23
to obiba-users
Dear all,

I am writing on behalf of my colleague in the NFDI4Health project at the Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology (BIPS) in Germany.

They have installed Opal/DataSHIELD using Docker. Everything was running smoothly for a few months. However, recently, they have been unable to connect via DataSHIELD, and they have realized that the DataSHIELD packages are no longer installed on the server-side.

We attempted to resolve this issue by installing the packages both through the Opal administrative interface and using the opalr package, but unfortunately, it was unsuccessful.

For your reference, I have attached a portion of the opal.log file.

Any insights or assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sofia
opal_bips.log

Yannick Marcon

Sep 20, 2023, 7:36:13 AM9/20/23
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The opal log says there are errors in the R server while installing R packages, Then have a look at the R server logs: you can download them from the Opal admin page Administration > R and download log.

Regards
Yannick

Sofia Siampani

Sep 20, 2023, 10:34:39 AM9/20/23
to obiba-users
Please find attached the R log file.

If I understand correctly, they need to install Cmake, right?
RServer-default.log

Yannick Marcon

Sep 20, 2023, 10:52:11 AM9/20/23
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Yes exactly, cmake is to be installed. Be prepared for other errors of that kind... that is why we provide a docker image of the R server, to save painful efforts when R base or packages are upgraded by the system.

Sofia Siampani

Sep 20, 2023, 12:03:40 PM9/20/23
to obiba-users
Ok, thank you! They are using the datashield/rock-base:latest image. Is this error expected with that image?

Yannick Marcon

Sep 20, 2023, 2:58:24 PM9/20/23
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
The "latest" you have could not be the latest available, you could need to explicitly docker pull it. Looking at the Docker file history, cmake was added on May 16, 2022.

Regards
Yannick