SPSS import produces null values

Charlotte Dörschner

Dec 9, 2021, 5:15:31 AM12/9/21
to obiba-users
Hi,

when I import .sav files in Opal, all values get overwritten with "null" except for values in the ID column. Also the variable descriptions get imported properly.

In contrast, the .csv import works fine.

I've already installed tibble and haven, but I've made no progress. Do you have a tip for me? I am grateful for every hint.

Best,
Charlotte
Rserve.log

Yannick Marcon

Dec 9, 2021, 6:18:17 AM12/9/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I see that your R server version is 3.5.8 which is really old for the haven package (not haven itself, but some of its dependencies).

If you cannot upgrade your R server environment (by the way I recommend using one of the many R server docker images we provide), you can:

* either import the spss file using the built-in SPSS importer (i.e. not the R based one)
* or load the SPSS data in your own R environment (client side) and use the opalr package to import the data with the opal.table_save function

Regards
Yannick