Creating projects in Opal

Haakma, S.

Oct 28, 2021, 7:28:03 AM10/28/21
to Jennie Carson, obiba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are having trouble uploading dictionaries into Opal 3.0.9. The project created has a red status. Do you know how to debug this? We are creating the dictionaries using the opalr package.
If I try to reproduce it on my own system with the same version of Opal I can create the project and the dictionaries and the project status is green?

Is do these error reside in the tomcat logging for example. We did not find them, but maybe we did something wrong?

Can you help us with this?

--
Kind regards,

Sido Haakma
Software developer MOLGENIS suite

Genomics Coordination Center
UMCG / University of Groningen, Dept of Genetics
Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands

s.ha...@rug.nl | +31 6 55 19 56 98

rhaeri

Oct 28, 2021, 8:15:42 AM10/28/21
to obiba-users
Hi,

Is your project associated with a database? You can find out about the database name in the Administration TAB of the project page under the Properties section.

As for the logs, you can download the server log in the Administration / Java Virtual Machine under the Logs section. You can download the Server logs.

Best,

Yannick Marcon

Oct 28, 2021, 8:18:06 AM10/28/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com, Jennie Carson
Hi,

It means that the connection with the underlying database cannot be established. You can:

1. verify that the database name is valid
2. verify that the database connection parameters are valid
3. search any informative error messages in the logs: got to Administration >  Java Virtual Machine > Logs and then Download > Server logs

Regards
Yannick