opal python client backup / file question

Tom Bishop

Jun 25, 2021, 11:25:26 AM6/25/21
to obiba-users
Hi,

I am trying to back up some projects from Opal (4.1) using this command as per the help:

opal backup-project --opal https://opal.mrc-epid.cam.ac.uk:8443 --user administrator --password xxx --project FISH --archive /home/administrator/backup/FISH | opal task --opal https://opal.mrc-epid.cam.ac.uk:8443 --user administrator --password xxx --wait && opal file --opal https://opal.mrc-epid.cam.ac.uk:8443 --user administrator --password xxx /home/administrator/backup/FISH > FISH.zip

I get the SUCCESS message, a file created, and no errors in opal.log during the process.

However, my zip file is small (8kb) and can't be opened.

Please can you advise if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

Tom

Yannick Marcon

Jun 25, 2021, 2:04:56 PM6/25/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It is small and you cannot open it because it is not a zip file. I am pretty sure it is a json file, containing the meta information about the file: what is missing in the last "opal file" command is the --download argument.
You probably wanted to remove the encryption password from the backup command documentation example, but --download-password was to be replaced by --download.

Regards
Yannick

Tom Bishop

Jun 25, 2021, 3:00:08 PM6/25/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yannick,

That's exactly what I did - removed the --download-password without realising I need --download. That has sorted it, thank you!

Tom

Jun 25, 2021, 4:22:31 PM6/25/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
FYI I have added the backup/restore feature to the opalr R package. It will be available in the next release.

Yannick