Agate 2.4 upgrade

Sönke Wehner

Aug 31, 2021, 12:36:58 PM8/31/21
to obiba-users
Hi,

My Agate did an upgrade to the version 2.4.
Since then Agate won't start with systemd.
First the problem was that systemd didn't find the start.sh file since it wasn't in the agate, but in the agate-2.4.0 folder.
I've changed that to the current folder, where the start.sh file actually was located.
Now it exits with exit code 1 (syntax error?)

There is nothing in any of agate's log files since the Upgrade. There is one line of code in the start.sh file and I've checked if it is the same file if I'd download it again (Didn't change the file,  just checked and the contents are the same. My guess is, that maybe one of the variables in that line of code doesn't have the right value.

My agate runs on Debian 10. My agate did the upgrade while doing a security update for debian.

Thanks for the help in advance.
With kind regards,
Sönke Wehner

Yannick Marcon

Aug 31, 2021, 1:20:58 PM8/31/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Looks like the /usr/share/agate symbolic link was not created. I have just checked and the upgrade went fine from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0.

Please verify there is only /usr/share/agate-2.4.0 (real) folder, and make symlink (if not already exists) using:

sudo ln -s /usr/share/agate-2.4.0 /usr/share/agate

Then start again the agate service.

Regards
Yannick

Sönke Wehner

Sep 1, 2021, 9:03:48 AM9/1/21
to obiba-users
Hi Yannick,

Yes that was the problem. Thanks for the help.

With kind regards,
Sönke Wehner