LimeSurvey Import

BIPS Bremen

Jun 24, 2021, 9:34:00 AM6/24/21
to obiba-users

Hi everyone,
currently we are working on setting up an Opal server to import tables from varying limesurver servers.
Unfortunately we are not able to process any data. Some of the commands shown in the documentation (https://opaldoc.obiba.org/en/latest/python-user-guide/import/import-limesurvey.html) are not up to date, as the --help output has shown.
But even if we try to import data from a lime survey server with these variables, we just run some errors.
We are worried, the lime survey import is no longer supported with the Opal 4.x release?

Are there any advises?

Many thanks in advance,
Bastian

Yannick Marcon

Jun 24, 2021, 10:22:46 AM6/24/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Limesurvey is still supported. We know users importing data daily.
Thanks for reporting the outdated import-limesurvey command. This command has changed because Limesurvey support is done through a plugin: "opal-datasource-limesurvey". See the plugins documentation:

Therefore the import-limesurvey has changed accordingly.

An alternative is to use the import-plugin command as follow:

1. make a file live_limesurvey.json

{
  "url": "jdbc:mysql://192.168.169.69:3306/live_limesurvey",
  "username": "XXX",
  "password": "XXX",
  "prefix": "",
  "properties": "characterEncoding=UTF-8;"
}

2. execute the command:

opal import-plugin \
  -o http://localhost:8080 \