Rock with R 4.1

stuart....@arjuna.com

May 19, 2021, 8:34:55 AM5/19/21
to obiba-users
I would like to check DataSHIELD's R packages with R 4.1.
Can I configure Rock to use R 4.1, or do I need to wait for the next release?

Stuart

Yannick Marcon

May 19, 2021, 9:31:54 AM5/19/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Rock itself does not require a specific version of R. If R 4.1 has been released, I will make a Rock docker image based on it. I'll let you know when ready.

Regards
Yannick

Yannick Marcon

May 20, 2021, 4:13:07 AM5/20/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
For those who want to try R 4.1 without the R-upgrade pain, I have built some docker images:

obiba/rock:1.0-R4.1 (includes Rock 1.0 and R 4.1)
datashield/rock-base:snapshot (includes Rock 1.0, R 4.1 and dsBase v6.2-dev)

See documentation:

Regards
Yannick