Found some bugs in opal-python-client

Francoi...@dti.ulaval.ca

Nov 24, 2021, 11:43:35 AM11/24/21
to obiba-users
We found a couple of bugs in the opal-python-client that prevented us from running our data integration pipeline with opal.

We are using Opal 4.2.6 and opal-python-client 4.1.1.

First, the "import-csv" command was always returning a status of "2"; turned out that the code was checking for the response header "Location" instead of "location".

Second, the "dict" command was sometimes returning in error; turned out some of our variables had descriptions with accented characters, and sometimes a chunk of data would get just the first byte of a UTF-8 character. We did a fix that converts the bytearray buffer into a string just at the very end of the receive.

I include the patched python files (io.py + core.py) in this post.

Could you please check these files and incorporate the fixes into release 4.1.2?
io.py
core.py

Cédric Fontin

Nov 24, 2021, 1:51:09 PM11/24/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, we will check it out.

Ramin H.A.

Nov 26, 2021, 3:32:21 AM11/26/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francois,

You could actually push the fixes on Github and request a Pull Request for further review and possible merge the master branch.

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 11:43 AM Francoi...@dti.ulaval.ca <Francoi...@dti.ulaval.ca> wrote:

Yannick Marcon

Nov 26, 2021, 9:37:31 AM11/26/21
to obiba...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report François. Opal python 4.1.2 has been released.

Regards
Yannick