OBO Tutorial and Workshop at ICBO 2014

James A. Overton

Sep 3, 2014, 3:23:54 PM9/3/14
to OBI Developers, obi-...@googlegroups.com
The International Conference on Biomedical Ontology (Houston, Oct. 6-9, http://icbo14.com) will host a tutorial and a workshop on the Open Biological and Biomedical Ontologies.

The OBO Tutorial will be a hands-on session with real-world examples of tools, techniques, and best practices for working with and developing OBO ontologies.

http://ncorwiki.buffalo.edu/index.php/2014_ICBO_OBO_Tutorial

Supporting material is available online, and your feedback is very much appreciated:

https://github.com/jamesaoverton/obo-tutorial

The OBO Workshop will be a chance for developers and users of any OBO ontology to meet face-to-face, discuss technical problems, and work toward concrete solutions.

http://ncorwiki.buffalo.edu/index.php/2014_ICBO_OBO_Workshop

If you are interested in attending either of these sessions, if you have a problem you'd like to discuss at the workshop, or if you have any questions, please contact me.

Best regards,

James

James A. Overton, PhD
http://james.overton.ca

James A. Overton

Sep 3, 2014, 3:47:54 PM9/3/14
to Chibucos, Marcus, OBI Developers, obi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcus,

Some of the content we plan to cover in the tutorial is already online in draft form, and isn't specific to ICBO 2014:

https://github.com/jamesaoverton/obo-tutorial

... but you're asking about the workshop. As you say, the logistics can be difficult. I can't make any promises, but I'll look into it.

I assume by your question that you'd be interested in participating remotely. If anyone else is keen to do the same, please let me know (off list).

Thanks!

James