[Obi-protocol-application-branch] notes from call today

Bjoern Peters

Dec 11, 2008, 4:28:04 PM12/11/08
to obi-protocol-ap...@lists.sourceforge.net, obi-bio...@googlegroups.com
We
- edited a bit on assay / analyte assay, and got Frank's buy-in
- went through material transformation (now: artefact creation), created
manufacturing, and associated objectives.
Please check the file for new definitions and relations.

Note: As the updated definitions have not been iterated through the
children classes, we have lost many objects being classified as artifact
materials. We will re-instate that once we are happy with the core terms.

While the new terms are clearly better than before, I believe we will
have to spend some more time on them. For example, it seems like the
adminstrating substance in vivo process should have a 'material
transformation' objective. However, we may not be happy if humans get
classified as artifact objects after having something injected. It could
be that we want to separate the transform material / create material
objectives.

A clear understanding on what objects are artifacts, and which are not
would be necessary. The standard definition is 'human made', which is
what we have captured. However, at what point does 'made' start, if any
interaction with humans is likely to leave a trace of a change in an
object.

- Bjoern