[Obi-devel] Notes from call 8/7

Bjoern Peters

Aug 7, 2023, 12:56:21 PM8/7/23
to Developers, OBI
We had 5 people on the call today. There was consensus to be European and take the rest of August off as so many people are gone. If there is an urgent item (for anyone), they should email the list and we will have a call. Otherwise we will resume on Sep 11, when Damion will chair.

Apart from that we had productive discussions, primarily focused on how we deal with distributing the workload productively with the recent turnover in hands-on developers. Notes are in the agenda doc and copied below

Best,

Bjoern

Discussion Topics:

  • How to help James prioritize what items can be delayed vs. which he is needed on. This came out of the increasing need for moving forward COB alignment for a number of tickets, and it seems like this is a James tasks.

  • Revive slack channel for OBI (created by Nico). https://obo-communitygroup.slack.com/archives/C04FC8R3Y1K

  • Jennifer: Trying to support James work through contract involvement

  • Current focus area for Damion: material processing intermediate layer that would be co-used by Food-On and OBI. Sebastian can help out with this as well to review how this works for OBI terms.

  • Dan: Reach out to Sylvain Costes at GeneLab to involve group members in OBI development

  • All: General reachout to get more of the current OBI users to contribute to development, and encourage ticket submitters to become engaged.

--
Bjoern Peters
Professor