Summary of May 11 call and plan for next one.

1 view

Chris Stoeckert

May 13, 2009, 5:09:48 PM5/13/09
to obi-denr...@googlegroups.com
Dear DENRIERs,
First a poll to see when people would like to hook up again. I think a
call before the F2F would be good to clean up what we have been
working on and to set up discussion at EBI. Suggested dates are:
Monday May 25, Monday June 1, Tuesday June 2. Noon EDT works for me on
those days. At the very least, I'd like to make another pass at the
terms so that we can decide if they are OK or need further work.

Terms:
Parameter: discussion deferred.

genome sequence version. Definition and restriction OK. Need one more
term for nucleic acid sequence as input to assembly of nucleic acid
sequences (data transformation). AI: CS will define nucleic acid
sequence. We can then add genome sequence, assembled genome sequence,
and nucleic acid sequence as terms in DENRIE and submit assembly of
nucleic acid sequences to the DT branch.

tree model. Almost OK with this. Would benefit from added sources of
definitions and examples. AI: CS will expand and clarify definition.

time series collection. Unclear whether the original request was
related to study design, the time points used (hours: 0, 1, 2, ..), or
the measurements taken at a time point (and the measurement of that
time point). AI: JF to clarify by starting a DENRIE thread on this.

heatmap. OK. Place under report figure. Need to clarify what is report
graph.

graph diagram. Want to capture that this looks like points or nodes
with connecting lines. Rename?

Survival curve. Expand on what is survival is about.

Venn diagram. Improve definition to include notion of overlapping sets.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Stoeckert

May 22, 2009, 4:39:14 PM5/22/09
to Chris Stoeckert, obi-denr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Following up on setting up the next call. May 25 is a holiday here in
the US so won't work after all. June 1 and June 2 are still open for
me. As an alternative I can send out a follow up email the week of
June 1 for discussion as needed at the F2F the following week (note I
will be not be able to attend).

Chris

Melanie Courtot

May 25, 2009, 11:22:32 PM5/25/09
to obi-denr...@googlegroups.com, Chris Stoeckert
Hi,

Monday 1st noon will be difficult for me (could do but would need to
leave early as I have an other meeting), Tuesday 2nd would be better.
I think most of the items below are close to completion, with the
exception of parameter and time series, so maybe we should focus on
those and try to address the other ones via email?

Melanie

---
Mélanie Courtot
TFL- BCCRC
675 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC
V5Z 1L3, Canada

Chris Stoeckert

May 28, 2009, 10:13:29 AM5/28/09
to obi-denr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Melanie,
Sounds like a good plan. Let's talk at noon EDT on June 2 for anyone
who can join to discuss parameter and time series and do the others by
email.
Chris