FW: Upcoming Calls: Lobbying & elections, Open Streets volunteer management

Mike Flenniken

Jun 18, 2013, 11:15:37 AM6/18/13
to obcv...@googlegroups.com

Invitation, below forwarded for those interested...

In addition, OBC is looking for volunteers to serve on the OBC Board of Directors, Committee Chairs and Committee Members. Please let me know if you can help or would like more information.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Flenniken

Past President, Oklahoma Bicycling Coalition

(405) 613-9767

mi...@alethosconsulting.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

2:00 PM to 3:30 PM eastern

Register online here

Of all that biking and walking advocates do, perhaps the most important work is representing the interests of people who bike and walk in the political process. Whether through a public candidate survey, a ribbon-cutting event for local media, or behind the scenes discussions with elected officials, active transportation advocates use a variety of successful tactics to heighten their political clout and improve street safety.

Join this call to hear from expert advocates in our movement to hear best practices and tips on lobbying and participating in elections.

Panelists will include:

  • James Wilson, Executive Director, Bike Delaware
  • Evan Manvel, Director of Policy, Planning and Government Affairs, Cascade Bicycle Club
  • Caron Whitaker, Vice President of Government Relations, League of American Bicyclists

Image removed by sender. Register button

Managing Volunteers for Open Streets Events

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

2:00 PM to 3:30 PM eastern

Register online here

Without volunteers, Open Streets initiatives cannot happen. Organizers must coordinate a small army of volunteers before, during and after the event. Join this call to learn best practices and tips on managing volunteers for successful Open Streets initiatives.

On the call, panelists will discuss different roles for volunteers, strategies for organizing volunteers throughout the planning process, how to recruit volunteers for Open Streets and much more.

Panelists will include:

  • Liza Pratt, Sunday Streets (San Francisco)
  • Julia Kim and Becca Dill, Active Transportation Alliance and Open Streets Chicago
  • Leslie Luciano, Viva Streets Austin and Bike Texass

Image removed by sender. Register button

Hope to see you on a call! Feel free to pass information about calls along to others who may be interested.

Best,

Mary Lauran Hall

Communications Manager

Image removed by sender. Donate button

Alliance for Biking & Walking | PO Box 65150 | Washington | DC | 20035

~WRD192.jpg
image005.jpg
image006.jpg
image007.jpg