All bike riding passenger rail enthusiasts listen up!

Mike Flenniken

Apr 4, 2013, 12:51:40 PM4/4/13
to obcv...@googlegroups.com, TeamBik...@yahoogroups.com, OBS Yahoo Group, B...@yahoogroups.com

All bike riding passenger rail enthusiasts listen up!  The Texas Department of Transportation with Oklahoma Department of Transportation and the Federal Railroad Administration is currently taking comments for a study considering the expansion of the passenger rail service along the Interstate/Highway corridors from Oklahoma City to southern Texas, Laredo, Brownsville, and/or Corpus Christi.  The expansion is being considered as a way to help alleviate some of the current congestion found along those routes.  As cyclists we have an opportunity to be involved from the beginning by communicating our needs and desires.  For further information visit: http://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/projects/studies/statewide/texas-oklahoma-rail.html

Written comments will be accepted through April 26, 2013.  The OBC Bike Tourism chairperson, will be responding for the Coalition.  If you would like your comments to be part of that response, you can email them to bwins...@gmail.com no later than April 19th.  You may also directly respond at the website listed above.

Bonnie Winslow is Chair of the new Oklahoma Bicycling Coalition Tourism Committee and OBC Secretary. Please let her know if you have any questions or would like more information at bwins...@gmail.com.