expires_in Units

Kevin

Feb 23, 2013, 5:05:05 PM2/23/13
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
The following documentation page, https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2WebServer, defines the response you get from a token request, but fails to indicate the units of measure for the "expires_in" field.  It simply says, "The remaining lifetime on the access token".  It seems like a suitable data type would be an integer, but are they seconds, minutes, hours, days, or what?

Tim Bray

Feb 23, 2013, 6:16:02 PM2/23/13
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
Last few times I’ve looked, they are seconds. I’ll see if there’s a reason for the lack of documentation. -T

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Kevin <kevi...@gmail.com> wrote:
The following documentation page, https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2WebServer, defines the response you get from a token request, but fails to indicate the units of measure for the "expires_in" field.  It simply says, "The remaining lifetime on the access token".  It seems like a suitable data type would be an integer, but are they seconds, minutes, hours, days, or what?

Benjamin Carl Wiley Sittler

Feb 23, 2013, 6:22:40 PM2/23/13
to oauth...@googlegroups.com