[WRAP] Google’s Experimental OAuth-WRAP support

Eric Sachs

May 17, 2010, 1:10:46 PM5/17/10
to oauth-...@googlegroups.com, OAuth WG, oa...@googlegroups.com, oauth-sasl-xmpp
Google currently supports the use of the OAuth1.0/1.0a and OpenID/OAuth Hybrid protocols for accessing Google APIs (see documentation).  Google is committed  to providing support for OAuth2 in the future.  As a milestone towards that goal, Google has implemented support for the OAuth-WRAP protocol which was a big influence on the design of OAuth2. You can find documentation at this site:

While Google does not plan to formally announce our OAuth-WRAP support, we are making it available on an experimental basis to show our progress towards support for OAuth2.  Since OAuth-WRAP and OAuth2 share many of the same design characteristics, we are also hoping that some developers will leverage our experimental support to build prototypes of new types of applications that were very hard to create using OAuth1, but which are much easier on OAuth-WRAP and OAuth2.

Eric Sachs
Product Manager, Google