Problem with :proxy option

29 views
Skip to first unread message

Nicolas Stampf

unread,
Jan 31, 2012, 4:49:01 PM1/31/12
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I tried to use the linkedin gem through an authenticating proxy at work. It failed. I did my best through debugging (I'm new at ruby) and I seem to have trace the problem up to the following lines. Please don't ask me to patch the files on GitHub I don't know how to do that nor can I install the proper tools at work :)

My environment is that of railsinstaller for Windows... (latest version).

Here's what I changed, you might want to check whether this is a hack or a real bug fix...

At Lines 52,53 of C:\RailsInstaller\Ruby1.9.2\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\linkedin-0.3.6\lib\linked_in\helpers\authorization.rb
           :site              => @consumer_options[:site] || @consumer_options[:api_host] || DEFAULT_OAUTH_OPTIONS[:api_host],
       # Added by Nicolas STAMPF nicolas...@gmail.com on 2012-01-30
           :proxy             => @consumer_options[:proxy]

As you can see, I just added the :proxy passing because it seem to have been forgotten, despite being passed in the options up to this point.

Regards,

Nicolas
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages