New OAuth.php

bpedro

Jan 15, 2009, 12:07:12 PM1/15/09
to OAuth PHP
Hi,

There's a new version of OAuth.php available with the changes
described at http://groups.google.com/group/oauth/msg/0502f3682ac12c64

Please upgrade your local copies.

Thanks,

Bruno Pedro

Will Norris

Jan 16, 2009, 1:54:21 AM1/16/09
to OAuth PHP
have you looked at Marc Worrell's library[0]? That's what I'm current
planning on using for the DiSo OAuth plugin for WordPress.

[0]: http://code.google.com/p/oauth-php/

On Jan 15, 9:07 am, bpedro <bpe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's a new version of OAuth.php available with the changes
> described athttp://groups.google.com/group/oauth/msg/0502f3682ac12c64

Bruno Pedro

Jan 17, 2009, 12:34:30 PM1/17/09
to oaut...@googlegroups.com
Hi Will,

Other than the obvious code separation (different files, etc.), are there any big differences between that library and the "official" one?

I'm gonna take a deeper look at Marc Worrell's work.

Bruno Pedro

Morten Fangel

Jan 17, 2009, 3:02:06 PM1/17/09
to oaut...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno

Having just spent 25.7 seconds (or something like that) it seems that
the before mentioned library is more feature-complete than the
"official" php library.

The "official" is however way more lightweight, so I feel that it's fair to
have both continued so developers can have a choice.. Do you want
the lightweight one you can easily see what does, and solves what
you need know, or do you want to this feature-stuffed library that
contains way more LOC that you can wrap your head around..

So let's just get the basis of the "official" library bullet-proof with the
most essential features..

Or, thats my humble opinion anywaysss..

-fangel

Morten Fangel

Bruno Pedro

Jan 17, 2009, 5:34:10 PM1/17/09
to oaut...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I was gonna suggest to do some merging between both libraries but, like I said before, I need some more time to look into Marc Worrell's work.

Bruno Pedro

fangel

Jan 17, 2009, 6:05:46 PM1/17/09
to OAuth PHP
Yes - I think the more modular approach of oauth-php is better than
the current
structure

PS. Sorry about the double posting, having some issues with Google
Groups and
two registered emails for the same account..

-fangel