How to get oauth_token and oauth_token_secret for users without going to tweet.com for Deny/Allow process

Pushpa

Jun 12, 2009, 11:59:50 AM6/12/09
to OAuth PHP
Hi

I am having code to post message on tweet.com from my site using
OAUTH. The objective to use oauth is display source name as my sitename
(i.e. from Redcounty.com) not from web.

My problem is I don't want to go twitter.com for
1)Login and
2) Deny/Allow process

So in nutshell I want to generate oauth_token and oauth_token_secret
for users without going to tweet.com i.e. approval for Allow and Deny
can be done from my site(redcounty.com) using API like I used to do
for normal login using verify_credentials.xml.

I got script from http://www.jaisenmathai.com/blog/2009/03/31/how-to-quickly-integrate-with-twitters-oauth-api-using-php/
currently I kept script on http://www.redcounty.com/twitteroauth/start.php

Please help me to make this script functional.

Thanks

Swaroop

Jun 13, 2009, 12:36:51 PM6/13/09
to OAuth PHP
Please read more about OAuth from oauth.net. I believe you are
misinformed.

On Jun 12, 8:59 pm, Pushpa <pkumar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am having code to post message on tweet.com from my site using
> OAUTH. The objective to use oauth is display source name as my sitename
> (i.e. from Redcounty.com) not from web.
>
> My problem is I don't want to go twitter.com for
> 1)Login and
> 2) Deny/Allow process
>
> So in nutshell  I want to generate oauth_token and oauth_token_secret
> for users without going to tweet.com i.e. approval for Allow and Deny
> can be done from my site(redcounty.com) using API like I used to do
> for normal login using verify_credentials.xml.
>
> I got script fromhttp://www.jaisenmathai.com/blog/2009/03/31/how-to-quickly-integrate-...
> currently I kept  script onhttp://www.redcounty.com/twitteroauth/start.php

Morten Fangel

Jun 13, 2009, 2:00:20 PM6/13/09
to oaut...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

EITHER use the "old" anti-password pattern, of asking for
Twitter username/password

OR use the OAuth way where
the user is directed to twitter.com for login and authorization.

There is no middle way!

-Morten

Mandakini kumari

Jun 29, 2009, 10:31:36 AM6/29/09
to oaut...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I have developed a twitter application on http://www.redcounty.com/

How can I have the source = "myappid".

I know we can do it using oAuth but want to do it without any tweet browser as such. -OAuth needs users to have an accept/deny button using a
browser.

If I just update the status using status=mystatus&source=myappid then it doesn't work out.
Please guide me how to bring ago from RedCounty.com instead ago from web.
--
Regards
Mandakini

Morten Fangel

Jun 29, 2009, 10:50:29 AM6/29/09
to oaut...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That is very much a Twitter related question and very much not a OAuth (-PHP) question. (As you even point out yourself)

Ask your question on some Twitter-relevant mailing list.

-Morten