Final results of the 2022 RoboCupRescue Rapidly Manufactured Robot Challenge

Raymond Sheh

Jul 27, 2022, 9:21:47 PM7/27/22
to The Open Academic Robot Kit, raymo...@gmail.com, Veerachai Malyavej
Hi All!

Thanks to everyone who participated in this year's RoboCupRescue Rapidly
Manufactured Robot Challenge, and in particular thanks to Veerachai
Malyavej who did a terrific job coming up to speed, getting several
domestic teams to a competition-ready state, and then taking over the
in-person competition when I had to pull out.

I am delighted to report the final results of this year's competition!

Championship:
1st: E-TECH All Day
2nd: E-TECH All Night
3rd: SMT robot

Awards:
Open Source and Innovation Award: S.A.R.T.
Dexterity (separate): E-TECH All Day
Dexterity (combined): S.A.R.T.
Sensor Test: S.A.R.T.
Sensor Test: Insper Dynamics
Mobility/Maneuvering: E-TECH All Night
Survey Acuity: E-TECH All Day

Great work to everyone who competed, particularly given the unique
challenges that the past few years have created! I should have some
video highlights up shortly as well (I had originally hoped to send this
all out together but the videos are taking a while to organize) ... some
very impressive and unique capabilities were exhibited this year! I
really look forward to seeing the progress of your robots, and of
everyone else who wasn't able to compete this year, and particularly how
Veerachai's efforts in Thailand develop.

As usual, we welcome feedback and will be initiating a revision of the
rules this year, to streamline and address issues that have cropped up
over the past few years, make it easier for folks to build the
apparatuses at home, and to bring things more in line with the Major
Rescue Robot League, which has evolved a bit since we forked their rules
a few years ago. So now is a great time to add your suggestions!

Stay safe and hopefully we'll see you all in person next year in Bordeaux!

Cheers!

- Raymond