Dates for RoboCupRescue Rapidly Manufactured Robot Challenge (RMRC) 2024 World Championship

Raymond Sheh

Feb 11, 2024, 9:25:19 PMFeb 11
to The Open Academic Robot Kit, raymo...@gmail.com
Hi All!

Here are the important dates for the RoboCupRescue Rapidly Manufactured
Robot Challenge (RMRC) 2024 World Championships!

Friday 1st of March, Team Participation Form (TPF) due. This mainly just
asks who you are, and how many folks you'll be bringing. It helps us to
plan resources for running the competition, such as space and number of
tables. Filling it in doesn't commit you to coming. If you don't fill
this in and you end up wanting to come, we might still be able to accept
you space permitting.

Friday 29th of March, Qualification Team Description Paper (TDM) due.
This is compulsory and used to determine if you qualify. Teams may also
qualify through Regional Open competitions (which may occur after this
date). Note that these Regional Opens must be officially recognized by
the RoboCup Federation.

Friday 19th of April, Notification of Qualification.

Monday 1st of July, Updated TDM due. This is compulsory, is scored based
on how well it helps another team learn about and replicate something
really cool, useful, and/or interesting that your team did, and the
score becomes part of your multiplier for the preliminary rounds.

Monday 15th of July, RoboCup starts!

Note that these dates have been pushed back a little from normal because
RoboCup is a couple of weeks later than it was in 2023.

We will be updating the new website at https://rrl-rmrc.org/ shortly.
For the next few years, we aim to run the competition the same way, with
the same arena design, as it did in 2023, so any updates to
documentation will be for clarity.

Having said that, for folks who were with us in 2023, please do let us
know if you have any problems that need solving and we'll do our best to
address them!

Cheers!

Raymond

--
https://raymondsheh.org

Raymond Sheh

Feb 19, 2024, 8:08:16 AMFeb 19
to The Open Academic Robot Kit, raymo...@gmail.com
Hi All,

Just an update, the Team Participation Form (TPF) is online! See
https://rrl-rmrc.org/?page_id=83 for the link to the form (and
instructions if you cannot access Google forms).

Do email in...@rrl-rmrc.org if you have any questions!

Cheers!

- Raymond

Raymond Sheh

Feb 27, 2024, 7:56:22 AMFeb 27
to The Open Academic Robot Kit, raymo...@gmail.com
Hi All!

Just a reminder, please fill in the Team Participation Form (TFP) by
this Friday! This will allow us to plan space and other logistics for
the competition.

Just an update, the Team Participation Form (TPF) is online! See
https://rrl-rmrc.org/?page_id=83 for the link to the form (and
instructions if you cannot access Google forms).

Please do fill in this form even if you're unsure if you'll join us as
it doesn't oblige you to participate. If we end up with space
limitations, we may have to restrict entry to teams who have filled this
form in.

Again please do email in...@rrl-rmrc.org if you have any questions!

Cheers!

- Raymond

Raymond Sheh

Mar 21, 2024, 10:46:48 PMMar 21
to The Open Academic Robot Kit, raymo...@gmail.com
Hi All!

Just a reminder that your Qualification Team Description Materials are
due next Friday the 29th of March! Please see
https://rrl-rmrc.org/?page_id=83 for details.

Cheers!

- Raymond

Raymond Sheh

Mar 28, 2024, 9:32:36 PMMar 28
to The Open Academic Robot Kit, raymo...@gmail.com
Hi All!

A reminder, your Team Description Materials (TDMs) are due tomorrow,
Friday the 29th of March! Please send them to this mailing list. If
you're worried as to if it made it through the Google Groups system, you
can check the archives at list.rrl-rmrc.org .

If Google Groups is giving you trouble, please email us at
in...@rrl-rmrc.org instead.

Thanks so much to everyone who has already submitted their TDMs.

Cheers!

- Raymond