Join us for a talk about RoboCupRescue and RMRC at (Virtual) Balticon, this weekend!

Raymond Sheh

May 18, 2020, 10:03:20 PM5/18/20
to The Open Academic Robot Kit
Hi All!

Figured some of you might be interested, this coming Saturday the 23rd
at 6pm, Archer and I will be giving a presentation about robot testing,
RoboCupRescue, and the Rapidly Manufactured Robot Challenge at Balticon,
a long running (this is their 54th year!) annual science fiction
convention in Baltimore!

Of course gathering restrictions are still in force so the entire
convention is taking place virtually, in Zoom and Discord this year.

This all-ages convention is somewhat unique in that it has a strong
science-for-the-masses track, with everything from dinosaurs to
spacecraft (NASA engineers often feature among the presenters and this
year is no exception). We're hoping to leverage this interest to get
some more folks joining us in RMRC!

See http://www.balticon.org/wp54/ for details! It's free this year so if
you want to get your science fiction geek on, this might also be a good
opportunity.

Cheers!

- Raymond and Archer

--

Dr. Raymond Sheh

Intelligent Robots Group
www.intelligentrobots.org

Senior Lecturer (Adjunct)
Department of Computing
Curtin University of Technology
Street: Building 314, Kent Street, Bentley WA 6102, AUSTRALIA
Mail: GPO Box U1987, Perth WA 6845, AUSTRALIA

Research Professor
Institute for Soft Matter Synthesis and Metrology
Georgetown University
506 Reiss Science Building
37th and O Streets NW, Washington DC 20057, USA

Guest Researcher
Intelligent Systems Division
U.S. Department of Commerce
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8230, Gaithersburg MD 20899-8230, USA