Rapidly Manufactured Robot Challenge (RMRC) 2023

Raymond Sheh

Feb 4, 2023, 9:39:27 AM2/4/23
to The Open Academic Robot Kit, raymo...@gmail.com
Hi All!

Happy New Year!

Once again we are running the Rapidly Manufactured Robot Challenge
(RMRC) in 2023, at the RoboCupRescue World Championships in Bordeaux,
France, from the 4th to the 10th of July! See the website at
https://2023.rrl-rmrc.org/ for all the details.

Apologies for the late announcement to this list, we had intended to
send this out earlier but ran into some unexpected issues.

Here's the timeline.

    Friday 17th of February 2023: Team Participation Form (TPF) due.
    Friday 17th of March 2023: Qualification Team Description Materials
(TDM) due.
    Friday 14th of April 2023: Notification of Qualification.
    (TBD) 2023: Team registration deadline. (See
https://2023.robocup.org/ for updates.)
    (TBD) 2023: Participant registration deadline. (See
https://2023.robocup.org/ for updates.)
    Tuesday 20th of June 2023: Updated TDM due.
    Tuesday 4th of July 2023: RoboCup starts in Bordeaux!

In light of the late announcement to the list, we can be a bit flexible
with the current timelines for the Team Participation Form and
Qualification Team Description Materials. If you would like to enter a
team but anticipate some trouble with these deadlines, please do let us
know at in...@rrl-rmrc.org (or the old in...@oarkit.org if you prefer), we
are happy to work with you.

The following teams have pre-qualified already based on performance in
the previous competitions. Due to the unusual effect of the pandemic
that has resulted in teams being artificially limited in their ability
to gather and travel, we have decided, as a special case, to extend
pre-qualification to award winners from the 2019 competition in Sydney,
the 2021 Worldwide competition, and the 2022 competition in Bangkok.

- Blue Storm
- E-TECH All Day
- E-TECH All Night
- King's Legacy
- Mechatronics Rescue Team
- S.A.R.T.
- SMT Robot
- Siegel
- iHammerGo!

These teams should still fill out the TPF as soon as possible (once we
put it online in the coming week) so we know they're coming. Although
not compulsory, we encourage them to submit a Qualification TDM so that
us and other teams know what they're doing. They must still register by
the RoboCup team and participation registration deadlines. They must
also submit the Updated TDM by the 20th of June, along with all other
participating teams, as it will form their preliminary score multiplier.

As always, please send any questions either to this list or privately to
in...@rrl-rmrc.org .

Cheers!

- Raymond