RoboCup 2021 is going virtual!

Raymond Sheh

Jan 21, 2021, 10:48:25 AMJan 21
to The Open Academic Robot Kit, raymon...@georgetown.edu

Hi All!

Happy New Year! I hope that you have all been able to stay safe wherever you are. Best wishes for a healthy and, hopefully, more in-person 2021!

Those of you who are on the RoboCup Worldwide mailing list will have seen the note below by RoboCup Federation president, Peter Stone, announcing that RoboCup 2021 will be completely virtual. As you might recall from previous emails to the list, we have been looking at options for running things virtually for a while and now is the time to put these into practice!

While we finalise those arrangements, we need your input. Back at the end of June 2020, I sent around an email to the list with options for running a virtual RMRC, where teams build the arenas and run them, record uncut video, and upload them along with their scoresheet for anyone to check. Please review that email and let us know about any thoughts you have, both in terms of how this might run, as well as your ability to get together as a team for a virtual RoboCup this year, in the May-June timeframe. I'll go ahead and bump that email next so it's at the top of your inbox.

Cheers!

- Raymond