Testing Environments - What do you have?

Graham Stock

May 13, 2021, 8:47:07 PMMay 13
to The Open Academic Robot Kit
Hi all, hope you are well!

For teams who are capable of physically competing, SART here in Australia have been exploring some environments around our school to look for potential natural environments that may mimic many of the testing methods for RMRC for those who may not be in a position to build them.

I would love to see and hear from other teams about what they may have in their school or local area that would be similar to the pictures linked here.

Graham Stock

May 17, 2021, 5:13:43 AMMay 17
to raymon...@georgetown.edu, The Open Academic Robot Kit, raymon...@nist.gov
Ah but that was all part of my genius plan to see who was opening the files!

I've updated the permission now I think to be open :)

Sent from my iPhone

On 17 May 2021, at 14:16, Raymond Sheh <raymon...@georgetown.edu> wrote:

Hi Graham,

Great to hear that you've been able to run your robots around! Embedding test methods in natural (or operational) environments is certainly an important part of the test method process and we love to hear more of what you've done there. I sent around a prototypical spec for the Exploration test, which is intended to be a more operational test (albeit one that is a bit harder to compare) which is working towards the same idea on the search/sensors side. We haven't yet done so much in terms of embedded terrain challenges though.

Unfortunately I couldn't see the pics as I get a "You need access" prompt. You might need to check the security settings?

Cheers!

- Raymond

Dr. Raymond Sheh

Research Professor
Institute for Soft Matter Synthesis and Metrology
Georgetown University
506 Reiss Science Building
37th and O Streets NW, Washington DC 20057, USA

Guest Researcher
Intelligent Systems Division
U.S. Department of Commerce
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8230, Gaithersburg MD 20899-8230, USA

Senior Lecturer (Adjunct)
Department of Computing
Curtin University of Technology
Street: Building 314, Kent Street, Bentley WA 6102, AUSTRALIA
Mail: GPO Box U1987, Perth WA 6845, AUSTRALIA

Raymond Sheh