Info on possible postponement of Robocup by the end of the month.

Skip to first unread message

Raymond Sheh

Mar 20, 2020, 4:44:05 PM3/20/20
to The Open Academic Robot Kit
Hi All,

We have received the following statement from the  RoboCup 2020 local organising committee.

We understand that many of you may be wondering whether and how the global health situation caused by the Corona virus (COVID-19) will affect RoboCup 2020.

The RoboCup Federation and the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) in Bordeaux are in close contact, monitoring the situation and investigating options for postponing the event in Bordeaux until 2021. An announcement will be made before the end of March by email, on our website, and on social media.

In the case that the event will be postponed, anyone who has registered will have the choice of applying the registration fees to a future event or receiving a full refund.

The RoboCup Federation and the University of Bordeaux

I stress that no decision has been made so we need to proceed as per our original timeline for qualification until we are notified otherwise. 

We'll post here when we hear more.


- Raymond


Sent on the go! Might be more concise than usual.

Dr. Raymond Sheh

Senior Lecturer (Adjunct)
Department of Computing
Curtin University of Technology, Australia

Research Professor
Institute for Soft Matter Synthesis and Metrology
Georgetown University, USA

Guest Researcher
Intelligent Systems Division
National Institute of Standards and Technology
U.S. Department of Commerce
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8230, Gaithersburg MD 20899-8230, USA
Reply all
Reply to author
0 new messages