Fwd: What is it? Valve Cover

Marina Kukso

Nov 10, 2015, 12:24:57 PM11/10/15
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
hi all, received this on the localwiki general contact email. i am about to be out of internet range, but wanted to send this along in case anyone would like to get in touch with this person in the meantime.

- marina

Nov 10, 2015, 12:30:20 PM11/10/15
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
Whoa!  I don't have time to follow up with this guy, but it's really cool that someone is keeping track of this information.  I'm fascinated by manhole covers and their decoration.

Anca.

-=-=-=-
Anca Mosoiu | Tech Liminal

Gene Anderson

Nov 10, 2015, 1:37:40 PM11/10/15
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
Charles Bucher is on the board of the Oakland Heritage Alliance and presented the OHA award to the Oakland Wiki. So nice to know OHA members are looking at the wiki :-)

Speaking of which, Annalee Allen regularly refers to the Oakland Wiki. For example, her most recent column (with an errant headline that she didn't write; "literary" not "literacy") refers to the entry on Marcus Books: http://www.insidebayarea.com/breaking-news/ci_29083491/c-span-documents-oaklands-deep-historical-and-literacy

gene

Marina Kukso

Nov 10, 2015, 1:39:23 PM11/10/15
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
that's wonderful! i wonder if he can be encouraged to add his contributions directly to the wiki?

Julio Rios

Nov 10, 2015, 2:55:16 PM11/10/15
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps, Gene can add some of Charles' input with a citation?