privacy error

Gene

Dec 1, 2015, 6:01:56 PM12/1/15
to OaklandWiki
Just now (2015-12-01 @ 2:55pm) I'm getting "your connection is not private" warnings (NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID) from Chrome when I go to https://oaklandwiki.org. I don't get it from localwiki.org

gene

Philip Neustrom

Dec 1, 2015, 6:03:27 PM12/1/15
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
Yup, we need to swap out the SSL certificate. I thought it wouldn't error until tomorrow. For now please use the localwiki domain- I'm moving most of today and won't get to it until later tonight!

On Dec 1, 2015, at 3:01 PM, Gene <ge...@ouroakland.net> wrote:

Just now (2015-12-01 @ 2:55pm) I'm getting "your connection is not private" warnings (NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID) from Chrome when I go to https://oaklandwiki.org. I don't get it from localwiki.org

gene

Gene

Dec 1, 2015, 6:06:42 PM12/1/15
to OaklandWiki
OK. Good luck with the move!

gene

Gene

Dec 4, 2015, 4:22:23 PM12/4/15
to OaklandWiki
Are you working on locakwiki.org now? I'm getting 503 service unavaible, ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED, etc. errors from both localwiki.org and oaklandwiki.org

gene

Neal A. Parish

Dec 4, 2015, 4:26:12 PM12/4/15
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
I'm able to access localwiki.org, but it's really really slow.

Jan 16, 2016, 4:59:54 PM1/16/16
to OaklandWiki, napa...@pacbell.net
I am having issues with the SSL certificate (I assume) accessing the Wiki from my PC, although it works from my iPhone.  Chrome gives me a Privacy Error, and IE simply says it can't display the webpage.  Can't figure out why my iPhone works.  I am able to get to other https pages on my PC, including localwiki.org/oakland, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with my computer.

     -- Neal
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to oaklandwiki+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Philip Neustrom

Jan 16, 2016, 5:06:48 PM1/16/16
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
What operating system does your home PC run? Is it more than a few
years old? The encryption the site uses is a bit newer, so that could
be the problem. I think everything is set up correctly on our end
here -- e.g. https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=oaklandwiki.org
>> email to oaklandwiki...@googlegroups.com.

Neal A. Parish

Jan 16, 2016, 6:53:18 PM1/16/16
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
Embarrassing to say -- I'm still using Windows XP on my home PC. Haven't had a chance to replace it.

-- Neal
___________________________
Neal A. Parish
(510) 928-9582 (mobile)
Twitter: @NAParish

Sent from my iPhone
(please pardon any typos)

Philip Neustrom

Jan 16, 2016, 7:05:21 PM1/16/16
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
Ah yes, that's the problem. Windows XP doesn't support some important
modern encryption stuff. I believe Firefox on XP may work if you're
in a pinch

Gene

Mar 20, 2016, 9:28:47 PM3/20/16
to OaklandWiki
The privacy error on oaklandwiki.org is back. "This server could not prove that it is oaklandwiki.org; its security certificate expired yesterday." It works to go to localwiki.org/oakland, but a lot of people won't know to do what.

gene

Philip Neustrom

Mar 20, 2016, 10:54:18 PM3/20/16
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
Looks like something got messed up in our automated system. Should be fixed now!

Gene

Apr 1, 2016, 4:48:46 PM4/1/16
to OaklandWiki
2016-04-01 (no fooling). oaklandwiki.org works OK on my desktop (Windows + Chrome or IE), but I get the privacy error from my phone (Android + Chrome) if I use oaklandwiki.org . I've gotten one report from someone else (unknown OS and browser) that a link "doesn't work", but my communication with them is sporadic at best.

gene

Philip Neustrom

Apr 1, 2016, 4:53:31 PM4/1/16
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gene, does your Android device run Android 2.3.7 or something
around there? According to
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=oaklandwiki.org, it
looks like the very old Android may sometimes not work with modern
HTTPS

Gene

Apr 1, 2016, 6:10:13 PM4/1/16
to OaklandWiki
Nope, Android 6.0 (a Moto G 2nd Gen)

gene

Neal Parish

Apr 1, 2016, 6:19:04 PM4/1/16
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
I just got an error on my iPhone, although I could click through it, but I can't access a page on the site on my phone through a link posted on Facebook.

     -- Neal
______________________________
Neal A. Parish
Twitter: @NAParish

Sent from my iPhone
(please pardon any typos)

Philip Neustrom

Apr 1, 2016, 10:40:17 PM4/1/16
to oakla...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I've managed to reproduce the issue by looking at my phone :) I
know what's going on here, but won't have time to fix it up until late
tonight. As a workaround until then, you can use the
https://localwiki.org/oakland URL