Converge Conference request

LmcD

Mar 23, 2017, 12:04:01 PM3/23/17
to Oakland County Locksport

All,

Derek is looking for some help this year for the CTF at the Converge conference.

"We are looking for some physical challenges for a CTF this year at Converge.  I'm wondering if anyone from OCL would be interested in helping.  At a minimum, we want a progressive set of any number of locks/phsical stuff.  We would also be open to any creative ideas that do not generate a ton of noise or destruction.  "

If you have any ideas or can help out please contact Derek at dere...@gmail.com

Thanks,
Larry

Chris Jenks

Mar 25, 2017, 6:09:56 PM3/25/17
to Oakland County Locksport
So no safes...

Actually I have an idea. It's a game TOOOL Members play at after parties sometimes. Requires 2 nerf guns, 2 bags, 2 locks of the same type maybe same key. 2 sets of picks, and 2 sets of handcuffs. Could be trimmed down to make it more stressful so it's one of each (except the cuffs). Two people handcuffed behind their back. Have to completely remove cuffs, before picking the lock on the bag. Lock has to be completely off before pulling out the nerf gun and dart. Load. Charge gun. Fire. Be faster than the other person. Could be done bracket style.

derek thomas

Mar 25, 2017, 6:23:51 PM3/25/17
to oakland-coun...@googlegroups.com
That clause was for you Chris :) sounds like fun.  How can we score it so that it fits into a ctf?  Top 5 get some some sort of point pay out?

Chris Jenks

Mar 25, 2017, 6:35:05 PM3/25/17
to Oakland County Locksport
That clause should be for Johnny Xmas. He's the one that tossed it around and broke the safe. I had hammers and stuff for them to do the tap and turn with.

set it up as a bracket so all members of the team can play. But the they all have to be on the same side.

Get to the quarter finals, you get your team x number of points.

Semi-finals get y more points added to x

Winner gets their 2(x + y)

So 4 standing get say 100 points.

Last 2 standing get another 150 making the total at this point 250 for their teams

Last man standing gets 500 total points for the team. (or what ever value you set up).

Include rules like no table flips, no stealing other peoples gear, etc.

Starting at the quarter finals, swap the handcuffs out for zip cuffs, hands and feet. Distance from the bags, and swap the locks for harder locks.