Computer Go Olympiad 2016

Detlef Schmicker

Jul 5, 2016, 1:26:17 PM7/5/16
to Oakfoam
OK,

we had some nice game, but won none :)

The game*.sgf are autosave files, with some output from oakfoam

Detlef
aba19-vs-oak19.sgf
cgi19-vs-oak19.sgf
oak19-vs-zen19.sgf
game_2016-07-02_11:55:43.sgf
game_2016-07-02_13:29:50.sgf

Steve Kroon

Jul 6, 2016, 5:00:45 AM7/6/16
to oak...@googlegroups.com
Hey Detlef.

Did you identify anything that seems like a systematic weakness in Oakfoam's play based on discussions of the games with others at the Olympiad?

Steve

Detlef Schmicker

Jul 6, 2016, 6:11:49 AM7/6/16
to Oakfoam
Hey Steve,

I agreed with Tobias, that we both should enlarge the value network,
as it does not understand large groups.

When playing zen, it is seen, that our playouts do get life and death
much worse.

Others do use smaller prediction networks down the tree, mainly
because of performance I think. But it might make sense, as it plays
moves which help the playout understand life and death better. (a stong network might not play moves if it knows life and death of a group, which the playouts do not understand) I tried
that (I have weak gamma network), but I could not get improvenments...

Make it short, move prediction seems compatible, rest needs
improvenment

Detlef